It seems strange that the sun sets at 4:30pm this winter. I don’t remember it being this way before. It sets nearly 4 hours later in the summer. Maybe I’m just a forgetful ass from sick. I am surrounded by sickness. Everyone at work and home has a flu, cold, cough, runny nose and or all of the above. The holidays can be rough but well get through it.
– Watch people freakout in this Brazilian elevator ghost prank.
– Zoo weekly facebook users had some interesting comments on facebook.
– My friends are obsessing over this new game for Google maps!
– Watch people turn into the undead! Meth is a hell of a drug.
– Here are some banned toys for the naughty list. Give the gift of Polonium this holiday.
– Chris Arnade is a photographer who photographs and tells the stories of addicts who struggle to survive on the streets of NYC. The Red Light district in photos is an article on his work. His tumblr blog will keep you thankful for the square life you live.
Hello all. I met the Girl friends family for thanksgiving. We stuffed ourselves only to repeat the same thing at my families house. We virtually had two thanksgivings in a row. Double the food. Double the awkward. Double the deserts! I only hope my belly will forgive me.
– Heres some thanksgiving advice from earths favorite intergalactic space monster Oderus Urungus. Oderous is wise beyond his 43 billion years.
– The onions has some great tips when hosing a perfect thanksgiving.
– Here are some reasons not to deep fry your turkey this year. Not convinced? How about some hilarious real examples.
Hello everyone. Gearing up for the holidays after the superstorm sandy. I was one of the very lucky few to not have lost power and smart enough to fill my gas tank before the hurricane hit us.
– Laina AKA Overly Attached Girlfriend is back with the Overly Attached Computer.
– Lazlow the host of my favorite radio show lives in one of the most devastated areas of Long Island / NYC from hurricane sandy. His blog has some great pictures.
– Filthy nasty hateful things people people put their computers through.
– This bridge is the undefeated champion. Many have tried all have failed.
– Angry Video Game Nerd: The Movie looks so completely Awesome!
– This american life did a show about one womans family investigation that led to the conclusion of a 100 year old family mystery. There were many twists and turns. A truly amazing story. I don’t care if it aired in 2008.
– Misa and Fukumaru are best friends.There friendship is documented with excellent pictures. Just another reason why cats are better than dogs.
– Skydiving cats just might break the internet.
– FDNY Incidents Facebook page with some great pictures.
– Hurricane Sandy Crisis Map from google.
– Long Island Power Authority Outage Map – Here you can see where they are restoring power to areas of Long Island.
– Connecticut Light and Power Status Map.
– Con Edison of New York Power Status Map.
– Atlantic City Electric Power Status Map.
– Jersey Central Power & Light Power Status Map.
– PECO Power Status Map.
Why so serous? Heres some more fun links.
– 11 Viral Photos That AREN’T Hurricane Sandy – please stop sharing them!
– NYC Empty Subway Pictures.
– Hurrican Sandy vs. Irene comparison.
– The town of Port Jefferson in NY has some good pictures on their facebook page.
– The Atlantic website sorts many of the fake hurricane photos from the real ones.
Send me more useful links and I will include them.
WTf is easily one of my favorite podcasts. Its also one of the most successful podcasts for a reason. Its real and raw and the host does not shy away from exposing the most intimate of details about life, pain, anxiety, success and failure. Oh, did I mention its also funny? and that most of the guests are comedians?
In the earliest podcasts Marc was more unsure, anxious and searching for the reason his career has landed him in his garage talking with friends. Why is he divorced twice? WTF?
If you follow the earliest episodes to more recent you can literally watch someone pick themselves up from their bullshit make sense of it all and become one of the most respected podcasters in the world.
… or you can just hear nearly every comedian you love on his show in an intimate real conversation about who they are off stage and what makes them tick.
His website is wtfpod.com
Android app is here
iPhone is available too.
Good times with better friends.
Podcasting with these people is like herding cats.
Chad, David, Jonnee, Liam, Mitch and Tim!
Heres an entry into the coolest dad contest. I find it surprising that he risked his sons favorite toy. The animations were a real nice touch to a great video.
“On Aug 24th 2012 we sent my son’s favorite train “Stanley” to space in a weather balloon with a HD camera and an old cell phone for GPS. He was recovered 27 miles away in a corn field and we got some great footage of the trip. This video documents the journey from liftoff to landing.”